You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘oil spill’ tag.
In another serious setback in the effort to stem the flow of oil gushing from a well a mile beneath the Gulf of Mexico, BP engineers said Saturday that the “top kill” technique had failed and, after consultation with government officials, they had decided to move on to another strategy. [via NY Times]
Related headlines [May 30, 2010]:
- BP’s top kill effort fails to plug Gulf oil leak
- Oil spill vessels would scatter if tropical storm approaches
- Obama takes responsibility for coping with spill
- Documents Show Early Worries About Safety of Rig
- Ever Rising Political Stakes for Obama
- Gulf Coast Fishermen Fear Disruption of Their Way of Life
- Our Fix-It Faith and the Oil Spill
- How Do Oil Dispersants Work?
An infographic map visualing the worst oil spills in history:
“Crude Awakening,” a detailed infographic on the Gulf oil spill catastrophe.